Review of the 8501 Series: Norton Commercial Door Closer
Today's article represents the first in an on-going series of door hardware reviews. I'm beginning with the Norton 8501 Door Closer partly due to its popularity, but mainly because it's one of the items for which we have NEVER received a complaint. Not one complaint or return (or even slightly negative comment) in the 15 years we've stocked the closer. EASY, RELIABLE & VERSATILE This versatile, heavy duty door closer is easy to install and very reliable. It's made from cast aluminum and comes with a slimline aluminum alloy shell. What I like most about it is that is is not handed. This eliminates the mistake of ordering the wrong handed closure. It can be mounted Regular arm, Top Jamb and or Parallel Arm mount. Additionally, the Norton 8501 Door Closer can be used indoors or outdoors. It's offered in different sizes, ranging from 2 to 6 -- this is quite a help. I also like the adjustable sweep speed and latch speed, and the independent regulating set of valves. It's hex operated which permits latching speed and sweep speed. Barried free option, A molded cover, Non critical valves and both adjustable delayed action and back check cushioning options. Delayed action is a must feature when it pertains to any public facility. This feature allows any handicapped or elderly person more time to enter through the door opening. It delays the action of the door closing speed. The 8501 closer can also be fitted with a hold open arm, closer plus arm, dead stop CLP-T arm and more. If you need a heavy duty, reliable, cost effective, easy to install door closer, the 8501 Norton Door Closer is it.
Why We Like It
- No returns or complaints about the product in the 15 years we've stocked it. Never a leaky valve or any other issue with it.
- Price. Our customers always request the 8501 closer because of its low price and reliability.
- The Norton name. Norton has gained an excellent reputation and they stand behind their products. They've been considered the leading manufacturer of commercial door closers since 1880 - over 125 years!
- Out of the hundreds of closers we sell each month, the 8501's are our #1 selling closer.
- On our contract jobs Norton 8501 closers are always recommended and used by our customers.
- The closers are used in schools, hospitals and businesses worldwide.
- They're perfect for heavy traffic applications that require durability and dependability.