Electric strikes can be installed in a wide range of swinging door applications. Consider these factors to help determine the right electric strike for your project.
1. Assess the type of frame and health of the opening
a. Material: hollow metal, aluminum or wood? *Adams Rite offers electric strikes for aluminum, hollow metal or wood doors. Please see the Adams Rite catalog to order the compatible model for your door application.
b. Type: hollow or concrete-filled? Concrete-filled may require additional tools. Consider using no-cut electric strikes.
c. Health of door and frame: can frame or door irregularities be fixed prior to electric strike installation?
2. Determine if door assembly has special requirements
• Fire-rated Assembly (NFPA 80 Fire Doors)
• Windstorm Resistant (tested to sustain winds up to 150 mph)
• Outdoor Rated (UL 1034) • Preload Capable
3. Identify and test existing door hardware
• Existing locking hardware determines the compatible electric strike and overall function of the opening
Most Common Accessories
HESCUT-MTK Metal Template Kit for installing cut-in HES electric strikes For installing the 1006, 1500, 1600, 5000, 5200, 7000 and 7501 electric strikes
9000 MTK Metal Template Kit for installing HES surface mounted electric strikes For installing the 9400, 9500, 9600 and 9700 electric strikes.
2005M3 Smart Pac® III Reduces initial voltage in timed or fail safe operations by 25% to extend the life of the electric strike. Addition of Smart Pac to any HES electric strike extends the 5-year no-fault warranty to a 10-year no-fault warrant
Qualitydoor.com is a Veteran owned and operated Commercial door hardware supplier Est. 1988. Qualitydoor.com has 2 Gsa contracts on schedules 56 and 84. Call 800.992.3667 or email email@example.com for customer service, support. Commercial door hardware when you need it, to get your job done.