- Product Reviews
- Document Center
Stanley Precision D4990 Low Energy Operator - Standard Arm, Push Side, Stanley Auto Door Operator
Stanley Precision D4990 Low Energy Operator
Stanley Security Solutions is pleased to offer its latest product line designed to maximize public door accessibility for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III applications. The D-4990 Low Energy Operator offers Stanley's newest and most convenient features to gain safe access for ADA applications. ADA is a civil rights law that is intended to guarantee equality for those who are physically handicapped or disabled. There are four major sections of the bill and they are intended to prohibit discrimination in Employment, Public Service, Public Accommodations, and Telecommunications. Stanley Security Solutions' focus is on Title III (Public Accommodations). Title III is not a product specification or a building code, but a directive to ensure equality in accessibility within public buildings. Such things as door opening size, door opening force requirements, door closing time, degree of the door opening, and door and lock handle designs must all be addressed to satisfy the ADA guidelines
- Access Controls: The D4990 Low Energy Operator may be used with electric latch retraction exit devices, electric strikes, and other electric locking systems. A time delay function is built into the control system eliminating the need for supplemental relays or controls.
- Activation: The D4990 Low Energy Operator is a "Power Open" operator that can be activated with the press of a switch. Virtually any form of "knowing act" can be used to initiate the operator making integration with existing systems easier. For the full line of activation devices that Precision hardware offers see page 10.
- Push and Go Option: With the flip of a switch, the D-4990 Low Energy Operator can be configured to activate and open based on a slight movement of the door. Utilizing this option eliminates the need for supplemental activation devices but does not preclude their use.
- Hold-Open Timer: Upon receipt of an activation signal, the operator will power open the door from the closed position. The door may be held in the open position up to 28 seconds (compliance with ANSI/BHMA A156.19 requires the door to remain in the open position for a 5-second minimum). Additionally, a "hold-open" switch is provided to hold the door open for extended periods.
- Obstruction Detection: During the opening cycle an obstruction function effectively reduces the possibility of personal injury in accordance with A156.19. Additionally, this feature prevents damage to the door and/or surrounding structures. After a stall time-out, the door will close at a rate and force set by the integrated hydraulic closer.
- Power-Close Option: This switched feature can be used to control exterior openings that require additional closing force to resist interior stack pressures and wind conditions that do not allow the door to close properly. Use this feature to reduce heating and cooling loss and save energy and money.
- Adjustment: The D4990 Low Energy Operator (which incorporates the Heavy Duty D-4550 Stanley Door Closer) provides the industry's widest range of field adjustable spring power settings. This allows you to adjust the operator for the correct opening and closing forces to meet any specific application. The closer within the D4990 Low Energy Operator also incorporates multiple regulating valves, including the V-Slotted Valve Regulation, which maximizes fine-tune adjustment capabilities.
- Door Closer Body: The incorporated D-4550 Stanley Door Closer body is constructed of R-14 Aluminum Alloy providing wear resistance from contact with the piston during the opening and closing. In addition, the R-14 Aluminum Alloy body holds the Cylinder Body dimensionally stable under extreme internal hydraulic pressures.
- Internal Cycle Counter: The D4990 Low Energy Operator comes equipped with two independent internal cycle counters. The cycle counters provide current data on manual and powered operations.
- Vestibule Function: Each D4990 Low Energy Operator is equipped with a vestibule function control. This field selectable function provides electronic sequencing to control the opening of doors within a vestibule application. Sequencing reduces exposure to the exterior elements. Controlling the opening sequence of a paired vestibule, provides convenience and saves energy to the facility.
- Optional Power Supply: The optional PS-490 24VDC @ 0.5A power supply is available to provide power to auxiliary electrified hardware such as electric strikes. This optional power supply can be mounted within the D-4990 Low Energy Operator housing.
- Opens in a new window.