- Product Reviews
- Document Center
- Handing Chart
Pemko CFM83 Continuous Geared Hinge Full-Mortise Clear Anodized Finish - 83" Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure
Pemko CFM83 Continuous Geared Hinge Full-Mortise Clear Anodized Finish Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure 83" Length are designed mainly for new door applications. Also available in heavy-duty models.
Pemko CFM83 Hinges
- Fasteners are No. 12-24 x 7/16" FHUC, Type C, thread-forming, no tapping required
- Applied to conceal both leaves
- With a continuous hinge, typical alignment problems (such as door sag and binding) are eliminated.
- The continuous hinge distributes load stress uniformly along the full length of the door and frame.
- The gear design of the continuous hinge ensures the symmetrical operation of each leaf.
- 1/2 lb. or less operating force required to operate most doors, regardless of size.
- The low operating force feature makes continuous hinges ideal for doors used by the physically challenged.
- The continuous hinge acts as reinforcement for both door and frame.
- A high degree of security can be achieved for exterior openings or restricted spaces by using a continuous hinge. With the geared construction and the full-length channel cap, the common gap between the door and frame is sealed, which provides security against prying.
- In addition, the closing of this gap protects against pinching fingers indoors in public areas, particularly those where children are present.
- The sight-proof design of the continuous hinge provides privacy for lavatories, executive offices, or file rooms.
- PemkoHinge has increased critical stress points of the leaf extrusions, which provides additional strength and rigidity to the completed product.
- PemkoHinge has a new bearing design that eliminates premature wear, guarantees proper alignment, and requires fewer bearings to carry more weight. This new bearing is produced for Pemko using chemical composition and injection process that provides a stronger, more accurately formed bearing.
- PemkoHinge is designed with inter-meshing gear segments in the hinge which provide a 50% more bearing surface. With more bearing surface, less wear results.
- PemkoHinge also goes through the anodizing process after completing all machining. This means the machined aluminum surfaces that are in direct contact with the bearing have a smoother, harder surface, thereby reducing wear.
- PemkoHinge maintains uniform bearing spacing the full length of the hinge even when lengths exceed 10 ft.
- PemkoHinge uses #12-24 size fasteners instead of #10. (#12 Tek fasteners available upon request).
- PemkoHinge commercial models are ideal for use on lead-lined doors (i.e. hospital X-ray rooms), without requiring special screw locations.
Specifications Pemko CFM83 Continous Hinges
|Finish:||C - Clear Anodized|
|Width:||25/32" (19.8 mm)|
|Height:||2-9/16" (65.1 mm)|
|UL:||Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure|
|Other Certifications:||PemkoHinge Fire Rating - UL76Y2|
- Opens in a new window.