- Document Center
- Handing Chart
Pemko Continuous Hinge - CFM83 HD-1
The Pemko CFM83HD1 Continuous Geared Hinge Full-Mortise Heavy Duty Clear Anodized Finish Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure was designed mainly for new door applications and helps to eliminate alignment problems such as door sag and binding. A high degree of security can be achieved for exterior openings or restricted spaces by using a continuous hinge. With the geared construction and the full-length channel cap, the common gap between the door and frame is sealed, which provides security against prying.
- Fasteners are No. 12-24 x 7/16" FHUC, Type C, thread forming, no tapping required
- Applied to conceal both leaves
- The continuous hinge distributes load stress uniformly along the full length of the door and frame.
- The gear design of the continuous hinge ensures the symmetrical operation of each leaf.
- 1/2 lb. or less operating force is required to operate most doors, regardless of size.
- The low operating force feature makes continuous hinges ideal for doors used by the physically challenged.
- The continuous hinge acts as reinforcement for both the door and frame.
- In addition, the closing of this gap protects against pinching fingers indoors in public areas, particularly those where children are present.
- The sight-proof design of the continuous hinge provides privacy for lavatories, executive offices, or file rooms.
- PemkoHinge has increased critical stress points of the leaf extrusions, which provides additional strength and rigidity to the completed product.
- PemkoHinge has a new bearing design that eliminates premature wear, guarantees proper alignment, and requires fewer bearings to carry more weight. This new bearing is produced for Pemko using a chemical composition and injection process that provides a stronger, more accurately formed bearing.
- PemkoHinge is designed with inter-meshing gear segments in the hinge which provide 50% more bearing surface. With a more bearing surface, less wear results.
- PemkoHinge also goes through the anodizing process after completing all machining. This means the machined aluminum surfaces that are in direct contact with the bearing have a smoother, harder surface, thereby reducing wear.
- PemkoHinge maintains uniform bearing spacing the full length of the hinge even when lengths exceed 10 ft.
- PemkoHinge uses #12-24 size fasteners instead of #10. (#12 Tek fasteners available upon request).
- PemkoHinge commercial models are ideal for use on lead-lined doors (i.e. hospital X-ray rooms), without requiring special screw locations.
|Finish:||C - Clear Anodized|
|Width:||25/32" (19.8 mm)|
|Height:||2-9/16" (65.1 mm)|
|Weight Bearing||540 lbs|
|UL:||Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure|
|Other Certifications:||PemkoHinge Fire Rating - UL76Y2|